*This post may contain affiliate links. You won't pay more using my links (sometimes less!) and you'll be helping to support this blog. Thank you. *
You might have read a lot about the freelance economy. It is steadily growing. By 2020 the number of freelancers in America is expected to grow by fifty percent according to a study by the Freelancers Union. Are you looking for financial freedom? Would you like to be your own boss? There are so many reasons to become a freelancer. You can get ahead and pay down debt with a side hustle that has unlimited income potential.
Reasons to start freelancing:
- It will provide extra security if you lose your job. Some people see the varying income of freelancing as a negative, but it is also a positive. There is no income ceiling.
- Freelancing can help you save for your dreams, like vacations and weddings.
- Freelancing can help you pursue something you love, such as writing, or web design.
- You may be able to leave your current employment and have a successful business venture of your own.
- You can generate passive income by doing things like blogging evergreen content or selling printables.
- You can take your blog to the next level if you have one.
- Freelancing provides freedom, flexibility and travel.
- You can save for an emergency fund, so if something goes wrong it is less of a crisis.
There are a lot of options for a side hustle, such as:
- Selling on Etsy, eBay, or Craigslist
- Data Entry
- Uber or Lyft
- Sell courses on Udemy or Teachable
- Sell photos
- Customer Service (Call Center)
- Virtual Assistant
- Micro Tasks on Amazon Mechanical Turk
Starting a side gig is an awesome way to make extra money to pay off debt. You may find that you become extremely successful if you dedicate yourself to a project. Make sure you frequently research the latest trends in what you are doing. Stay on top of the competition. If you do put in the work and find success, you may wish to share what you know through a blog of some sort. This is a good way to make a name for yourself in the freelancing world.
Are you looking to start a blog?
Already have a blog?
Try some new social media tools, like Tailwind for Pinterest. You get a free month by using my referral link. You’ll want to create great images for social media, which you can do in PicMonkey. Do some affiliate marketing the easy way, with Skimlinks.
Just need income on the side?