*This post may contain affiliate links. You'll never pay more with my links (sometimes less!) and you are helping to support this blog. Thank you!*
One thing you will learn quickly if you are diagnosed with a chronic illness is that it will be hard to maintain employment. You can’t necessarily do all the tasks expected of you and you might have to call out frequently. Sure, you can apply for disability but even if you get it (which can take years) you are pretty much stuck at the poverty level for life. However, there are some ways that you can make money with a chronic illness which I will explain below.
- Social Media Management. If you know social media this is something you can do at home. You could honestly do it in bed on a laptop if you needed too. There’s a lot of automatic scheduling involved with social media for businesses these days so you wouldn’t necessarily have to work every day at certain times either.
- Blogger. This is the go-to for a lot of people who want to work from home. Do keep in mind though that blogging is hard and takes a lot of work. You need to write a lot of content, know SEO, and market your blog on social media sometimes even with paid advertising. There are just so many blogs out there that it can be hard to stand out.
- Sell Digital Products. You can make printable and sell them on autopilot on Etsy. If you make things like logos you can also sell them on Creative Market. You can do other things with graphic design, such as business cards, illustrations, and invitations.
- Web designer. This is something else that you can do from home. Don’t know web design? There are tons of tutorials on the web to teach you how to do it. It will take persistence but many web designers are self-taught.
- Content Writer. There are lots of blogs that need content. You can make a lot of money doing this if you understand SEO. Even if you don’t, you can research it online and learn. There are jobs on job boards like Upwork, Guru, and Problogger that you can apply for to get a portfolio going.
There are lots of things you can do to make money from home if you have a chronic illness. It takes hard work and perseverance but if you stick with it, you can do really well for yourself despite your disability.
Are you looking to start a blog?
Already have a blog?
Plan your posts with the Erin Condren Deluxe Monthly Planner.
Handle your bookkeeping with Quickbooks.
Just need income on the side?
Want to learn more?
Want to shop?
Before you go shopping for a new phone, check out this offer from Verizon HERE.
Get $10.00 off your first Google Express order HERE.
Skip the thrift shop and do second hand the easy way with $10 off at ThredUp HERE.
Help support this blog by shopping on Amazon at no extra cost to you.
More for the bloggers: