*This post may contain affiliate links. You'll never pay more with my links (sometimes less!) and you'll be helping to support this blog. Thank you!*
Plain and simple, if you have a business you need to have a website. Blogging is much more today than an online journal. Most consumers expect business owners to be found online. There is no better way to do that than having a blog. While blogging is a lot of hard work, it is also a great way to market your business.
Are you looking to start a blog?
1. Building Awareness. You want to be seen online, come up and google searches, and show up when people browse on Facebook. You want people to know your brand. Blogging is an excellent way to create a digital footprint. You want to attract your audience and make sure they are interested. Having a blog is great marketing.
2. Share Knowledge. A great way to encourage your readers to buy from you is to share with them some of the knowledge you have for free. You will be seen as an expert. It will encourage customers to purchase from you to learn more about the process behind your service or product. Valuable content makes consumers stay longer on your site. Although it may seem like sharing free knowledge would backfire, it often encourages people to purchase to learn more about your service or product.
3. Build Trust. People will not buy from people they just “met” online. You need to come up continually in search, share your knowledge, and let consumers know you are the real deal. By building trust, you will encourage your readers to purchase from you. Also, make sure you have a great looking website, as this will help establish that you are trustworthy.
4. Community. By creating community, sharing your story and expertise, people will become involved with your brand. Make sure you respond to comments on your blog and social media. You can also share brand updates. People like to feel like they are a part of something, so make that “something” your brand.
5. Understand your audience. You will learn more about your ideal customer by targeting blog posts and seeing what works and what doesn’t. You can also share testimonials. You will understand their needs better. You will have a brand voice. You may be surprised to learn that your audience was not who you thought it might be. This can turn your business in another direction.
It is clear to see the benefits of blogging for your business. With educational and entertaining blog posts you will engage with your audience and get a better understanding of your customer by finding your audience. To have a successful blog, be relevant, share value, and do your best to be consistent. Blogging is a lot of hard work, but it is a great business decision to have a blog for your business. You might even consider outsourcing some of the work if you have the finances to do so.
Already have a blog?
Just need income on the side?